Hoppy Hopkins honored with road re-name | Transportation
Part of KY 136 in McLean County is now named after former Calhoun Mayor and McLean County Judge Executive Richard “Hoppy” Hopkins.
Hopkins actually wore many hats during his life including Superintendent of McLean County Schools, agriculture and industrial arts teacher and state representative among them. He died in December of 1998.
Kentucky Route 136 in McLean County from the Green River to the intersection of Kentucky Route 81 will now be known as the "Richard 'Hoppy' Hopkins Memorial Highway."
A ceremony was held Friday at the St. Sebastian Catholic Church parking lot.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning