Detour established for closure of KY 85 at Hopkins-McLean County line starting Monday | Transportation
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to close KY 85 in Hopkins County near the Hopkins-McLean County Line starting Monday, July 16. A marked detour has been established for this closure.
KY 85/Anton Road will be closed at mile point 7.4 in the Pond Creek Bridge area near the Hopkins-McLean County Line for major repairs. This is between Anton and Sacramento. KY 85 is expected to remain closed at this site for about three days.
Motorists who regularly travel KY 85 at the Hopkins-McLean County Line should allow extra travel time for the extended detour that will be required. Eastbound traffic on KY 85 will detour via KY 70 and KY 181. Westbound traffic will detour via KY 254 and KY 70. Motorists traveling these detour routes should use appropriate caution.
KY 85 is expected to reopen at this site at approximately 3:00 p.m., CDT, on Wednesday, July 18.
Approximately 1,600 vehicles travel this section of KY 85/Anton Road in an average day.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning