Beaver Dam native now Murray State's all-time 3-point leader | Sports & Recreation
It had been three years and one day since the Murray State women's basketball team had last beaten UT Martin and exactly four years since they had done so on the road, on Saturday both droughts came to an end, as the Racers topped the Skyhawks, 82-72, at the Elam Center in Martin.
The other highlight of the game came from Ohio County grad Mariah Robinson, as she became Murray State's all time leader in 3-pointers made with her third made three of the game. A Beaver Dam native, Robinson now has 212 for her career, breaking former teammate Amber Guffey's record of 2010, set in 2009.
The game was tight was from the get go, as neither team led by more than seven in the first half.
Robinson led Murray State on the night with a game-high 26 points, to go along with six rebounds, six assists and five steals.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning