There's a new app for emergency crews in Ohio County | News
Ohio County Emergency Management Agency Director Charlie Shields says a new app allows damage assessment teams to use an iPad and make damage assessments available to incident commanders or other responding agencies.
The software also has a GPS system to pinpoint where the assessment team is collecting data. Assessment teams currently have to write damage assessments by hand and then take the information to an office or command center where it is then entered into a database.
Shields says he and a company called inVue Innovations, LLC in Connellsville, PA developed the app.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning