Hancock County student nominated to Air Force Academy | News
A Hawesville teenager has been nominated to the U.S. Air Force Academy.
Sen. Rand Paul says Benjamin Basham was one of 41 individuals from across the Commonwealth earning a service academy nomination.
“As the junior Senator from Kentucky, it is an honor to nominate young men and women from across the state to attend our nation’s prestigious service academies,” Paul stated. L “I would like commend these students for their desire to serve in the United States military and to furthering their education. These students have shown strength in character and leadership and I wish them the best through the remainder of the selection process. I have no doubt, if chosen, that they will proudly represent the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the service academies.”
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month