Ohio County man facing murder charges in traffic death | News
A grand jury has charged an Ohio County man with murder in connection with a fatal traffic accident last October.
Kentucky State Police say Kevin Frame of Horse Branch was driving south on KY 2713 in his pickup truck, when he crossed the center line and struck a van driven by 27-year-old Michael Kassinger of Beaver Dam. Kassinger died at the scene. His wife and two young children were all injured.
Frame was thrown from his truck and flown to Louisville Hospital but survived.
On Thursday, KSP detective Chris Baker served multiple indictment warrants on Frame that were carried down from the Ohio County Grand Jury. Frame was arrested and charged with murder, three counts of first degree assault, OWI, wanton endangerment and failure to wear a seatbelt. His blood alcohol level was .08, according to the charging documents.
Frame was booked into the Ohio County Detention Center in Hartford Thursday afternoon on $50,000 bond.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local veterans interviewed for documentary
- It's National EMS Week, with a heavy reminder of how needed they are
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday