Not finished with GED? Take test now before new version arrives | News
Kentucky Adult Education has announced that the current version of the GED test will expire at the end of 2013. The current version, known as the 2002 Series GED test, will be replaced with the new 2014 GED test on January 2, 2014.
The important point that Kentuckians need to know is this – people who have taken the 2002 Series GED test, but have not passed all five parts, have only until December 18, 2013, to take the current test. If they do not pass all five parts by December 18, 2013, they will need to start over again in 2014 with the new GED test. More than 400 residents of Daviess, McLean and Ohio Counties have passed parts, but not all, of the current GED test version.
“The GED test opens doors to the future by helping adults prepare for college and job training and get better jobs,” said Vicki Boyd, Director of Adult Education Services, Owensboro Community & Technical College.
“We want to be sure everyone is aware of this deadline. We strongly encourage GED test-takers to act now to finish and pass before the current test expires.
“Even if you haven’t already started testing, but getting your GED is something you need to do, this is your year,” she said. “Get started now.”
A couple of important tips you should know about GED testing in Kentucky before the end of 2013:
* The last day to take the current version of the GED test is December 18, 2013.
* All GED test-takers must first pass the Official GED Practice Test™, which is available at all local adult education programs.
OCTC SkillTrain is the adult education provider for Daviess, McLean and Ohio Counties. SkillTrain offers free classes to help adults earn their GED.
* Daviess County- 1501 Frederica Street, Owensboro, KY (270) 686-4454
* McLean County- Career Center, 200 N. State Hwy 81, Calhoun, KY and McLean County Library 116 E. 2nd Street, Livermore, KY
* Ohio County- 130 E. Washington St., Ste., 106, Hartford, KY
GED testing information is also available at www.finishtheGED.com<http://www.finishtheged.com/>.