Icy road causes semi accident on Western KY Parkway | News
OHIO-MUHLENBERG CO., KY- The weather is to be blamed for an accident the temporarily shut down the Green River Bridge on the Western Kentucky Parkway Tuesday night.
Police say around 7:00 p.m., a semi heading eastbound slid on ice and overturned on that bridge near the Ohio and Muhlenberg County line.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the fuel tank on the semi was ruptured and was leaking.
The driver was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
No other vehicles were involved. Crews towed the semi then salted the roadway before the bridge reopened to traffic.
The latest report is there is no damage to the bridge.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning