Elderly Hancock Co. woman killed in fire | News
The Kentucky State Police are investigating a residential structure fire that killed a Hawesville area woman.
KSP received a call from Hancock County Dispatch with regards to a structure fire that occurred Thursday morning at 1342 Goering Road.
Local Fire Departments were sent to put out the fire. After the blaze was contained, investigators located a body inside the charred house.
The deceased was identified as the home owner, 91-year-old Ines Smith. An autopsy has been scheduled.
Preliminary indications suggest this structure fire is not suspicious, however, the investigation is continuing.
KSP Detective Mike Smith, Detective Chris Baker, Kentucky State Fire Marshal Phil Fogle and the Hancock County Coroner’s Office are investigating this fire.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local veterans interviewed for documentary
- It's National EMS Week, with a heavy reminder of how needed they are
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday