Ohio Co. man indicted on two counts of murder | News
OHIO COUNTY, KY (WFIE)- An Ohio County grand jury decided Thursday that a father will face more charges in the deaths of his daughter and her boyfriend.
Tony Berkley Sr. was indicted on two counts of murder.
Detectives presented the case to the grand jury last Tuesday.
Berkley was arrested nearly two weeks ago and charged with two counts of wanton endangerment.
According to investigators, this all started after an argument between Berkley and his 18-year-old daughter, Melissa.
Deputies say Melissa later called 9-1-1 stating that her father was chasing her and her boyfriend, 21-year-old Jerry Goodman on Kentucky 878 near Kentucky 69.
Officials tell us that their car went off the road and overturned into a nearby pond.
Melissa passed away on November 17th at the University of Louisville Hospital.
Goodman died two days later at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville.
His cause of death was listed as respiratory arrest resulting from a brain injury and drowning.
Berkley is now being held on a $500,000 bond. An arraignment hearing has been scheduled for December 13.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month