Boy hurt in Ohio Co. wreck; mom charged with DUI | Crime
Police believe a 7-year-old Ohio County boy was critically injured because his mother was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Kentucky State Police say 28-year-old Sarah Vaught of Beaver Dam was driving her 2008 Toyota north on KY69 South Sunday night when her car dropped off the right side of the road and hit a tree.
She was trapped in the car and after being cut out, she was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
However, her son, seven-year-old Colton Vaught, was flown to Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville where he is now listed in serious condition.
Sara Vaught is charged with several offenses including DUI, possession of a controlled substance, and wanton endangerment.
Top McLean-Ohio-Hancock County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning